St Mary’s is a Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided primary school for boys and girls aged from 3 to 11. We are situated in the Borough of Lambeth, in London and in the Archdiocese of Southwark, serving the parish of St. Mary’s, Clapham. The school also serves two other local parishes that do not have a school of their own – the parish of St Vincent de Paul, Battersea and the parish of St Francis de Sales, Stockwell. Originally the parish of St Mary’s, Clapham, had two schools – St Mary’s Junior Boys’ School in St Alphonsus Road, founded by the Redemptorists in 1907 and St Mary’s Mixed Infant and Girls’ School in Crescent Lane, founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in 1861.
These two schools were amalgamated in 1993 to form St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School. The school is based in Crescent Lane in the Victorian building which retains much of its character and charm and in its more recent purpose built and very sympathetically designed buildings. The school is very well equipped to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum fully suited to the needs of all of its learners. As a Catholic school, the teachings of Christ inform all our efforts and the way in which we treat one another. We live up to our Catholic character through our Mission Statement.