Friday 19th June 2020
Morning children and parents!
Children’s daily work (can be altered to suit your home and family life):
- PE with Joe
- Phonics (20 mins) and handwriting (15 mins)
- Other subject
- Reading books at home
Time to get active!
P.E with Joe Wicks - Monday to Friday 9am live on YouTube - The Body Coach
Morning Prayer – Hail Mary
Thank you Lord for this new day in my school/home to work and play.
Please be with me all day long, in every story, game, and song. May all the happy things we do, make you our Father happy to.
What day was yesterday?
What day is it?
What day will it be tomorrow?
What month is it?
What date is it?
What is the weather like?
What is the season?
Practise saying the sounds everyday with your child
a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x w z sh ng nk th ch
ay ee igh ow oo 00 ar or air ir ou oy
ire ear ure ea aw are ur ow oi ai oa ew er
a_e i_e o_e u_e
SOUND to practise today: a_e
a_e make a cake
- Practise writing words with a_e in them - for example: make, cake, date, late, mate, name, tape….
- Can you think of anymore words with a_e in them?
- Sound out each word for example: c – a k e
- Use your fingers to show how many sounds there are in a word
- Ask your child how many letters in each of the words listed above and any other words your child can think of – for example cake has 4 letters
- Ask your child how many sounds in each of the words listed above and any other words your child can think of – for example c – a k e has 3 sounds.
Check out the following website to help with reading and phonics.
This is the RWI website - the books the children read in school and at home.
All lessons will be available at 9.30 am.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will restart.
Set 2 and 3 Speed Sounds lessons will include new words for reading and spelling.
- Open the document below and practise reading simple sentences
- Sound out each letter
- Blend the sounds together and say the word
- Read the whole sentence
- Use your story mountain to re-tell the story ‘Cinderella’.
- What happens in the story?
- Write sentences to retell the middle of the story when Cinderella is at the ball e.g. “Cinderella danced with the prince. The clock chimed at midnight. She ran out of the palace. She left her shoe.”
- Parents can write any tricky words ‘the’ and ‘of’ on a piece of paper to help you.
- I will attach a document which involves the children building sentences alongside pictures. This will also help them remember the story and when writing sentences themselves.
Remember: sound out each word, finger space between each word, write letters on the line and full stop at the end.
This week we will be learning about addition.
- Star words you will need: add, addition, is equal to, equation, number, object, number bond, ten frame, part, whole, part-part-whole model
- Listen to the video about the part-part-whole model.
- Collect 20 objects from your home e.g. pens, toys.
- Put the 20 objects into the whole section. 20 is the whole.
- Separate your 20 objects into the two parts.
- How many objects are in each part? Count each part. What is the whole?
- Count the whole (how many objects there are altogether).
- You could write the numbers down.
- How many ways can you make 20? E.g. 18 objects in one group and 2 objects in the other group.
- Say it in a full sentence e.g. “I have 18 objects in this part and 2 objects in this part. The whole is 20. 18 and 2 makes 20. 18 add 2 is equal to 20.”
- Can you write it as an equation? E.g. “18 + 2 = 20”.
Key questions: Can you show how to make 20 using a part-part-whole model? How many different ways can you make 20? Can you say the equation in a full sentence? Can you write an equation?
Open the documents below for more activities.
Dress up and have a celebration/ball with your family.
Listen to some music and dance!