Good morning everybody!
Today is Friday 1st May, 2020. It's the first day of May and it's nearly the weekend! If you have completed the work I've set, then you have worked really, really hard. Remember, you don't have to do the challenges or all the activities.
Q: How do you make an octopus laugh?
A: With ten-tickles!
Have a great weekend!
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Spelling test and times tables test
1. Ask an adult to test you on your spellings for this week.
2. Complete the 3X table test.
Activity 2 - Maths
Complete the Mathletics activities using your knowledge of problem solving.
If you would like another challenge, click on to this link and it will take you to the BBC Bitesize maths challenge:
Activity 3 - English
1. Complete the Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole comprehension activities. Remember: full sentences, capital letters, full stops and your NEATEST HANDWRITING!
There are two choices for each comprehension. Decide which one you would like to do:
2 Stars - mild (medium challenge)
3 stars - spicy (challenging)
2. Can you write the alphabet using cursive (joined up) hand writing?
Watch the video to remind you how to form the letters.
Challenge: complete the Florence Nightingale word search.
Activity 4 - French
Before we left school we were learning about food. Yum, yum, yum!
1. Read the French Food powerpoint. Press the speaker button to hear the words in French.
2. Now do the match the word worksheet.
3. Now look around your house. Can you find some of the food you have learnt? Write the word out in french on a piece of paper and stick it on the food (ask an adult first!).
Challenge: Teach people in your house french food. Can they learn French food words too? Practise the words this week.
Remember to take pictures of your work and I will put them up on our class page!