Friday 24th April 2020 - Morning Everyone!
Morning children and parents!
Time to get active!
P.E with Joe Wicks - Monday to Friday 9am live on YouTube - The Body Coach
Morning Prayer - Our Father
What day is it?
What month is it?
What date is it?
What is the weather like?
What is the season?
Practise saying the sounds everyday with your child
a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x w z sh ng nk th ch
ay ee igh ow oo 00 ar or air ir ou oy
ire ear ure ea aw are ur ow oi ai oa ew
NEW SOUND to learn today:
er – better letter
- practise writing words with er in them - for example: never, clever, weather, after, corner, better, letter….
- Sound out each word for example: b-e-tt-er, n-e-v-er,
- Use your fingers to show how many sounds there are in a word or example b-e-tt-er will show 4 fingers
- (please note there maybe less sounds than number of letters)
- Ask your child how many letters in the word – for example better has 6 letters
- Ask your child how many sounds in the word – for example better has 4 sounds
- Innovate (change) the story ‘The Enormous Turnip’. Pick one thing to change about the story. You might want to change one of the characters or the vegetable! E.g. ‘The Enormous Carrot!’ Fold a piece of paper to make a book.
- Can you draw/write your own version of the story? Are you in the story? What vegetable are you trying to pull? Who is in your story? What do the characters do? What do the characters say?
This week we will be learning about 2D shapes.
Words to learn:
2D shape, flat, corner, sides, straight, curved
triangle, square, rectangle, circle, pentagon and hexagon.
- Go on a 2D shape hunt inside or outside if possible. Can you find the shape in your bedroom? In the kitchen? In the bathroom?
- Make a tally chart and count how many of each shape you can find.
What is the shape called? How do you know? Can you count how many sides each shape has? Can you count how many corners each shape has? Are the sides flat or curved?
Understanding the world
Can you name the animal and their baby?
Pick 10 animals and match them to their baby.
For example: What is a baby sheep called?
Name 5 people who help us and what their job is. Draw them and write their job.
For example, the dentist can help me look after my teeth.
Have a lovely weekend.
Enjoy time with your family.