Good Morning Year 2
Today is Friday 23rd April, 2020. It's nearly the weekend! If you have done the work I've set, you have worked really, really hard. Remember, you don't have to do the challenges or all the activities.
Just like Friday at school, today we will have our spelling test and now our times tables test. You LOVE doing these - remember not to chat!
Joke of the Day!
What do elves learn in school?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Spelling test and times tables test
1. Ask an adult to test you on your spellings for this week.
2. Complete the 2X table test.
Activity 2 - Maths
Complete the Mathletics activities using your knowledge of fractions and measurement in cm and m from this week.
If you would like an extra challenge try this on BBC Bitesize:
Activity 3 - English
1. Go to Karate Cat and practise your SpAG.
2. Now complete the worksheet and correct the sentences with capital letters, full stops, commas. If you would like a challenge, complete the second page with 3 stars and add (inverted commas) speech marks too.
Activity 4 - French
1. At the beginning of year 2 we learnt how to greet in French. Watch this video and sing along. Remind yourself how to ask:
What is your name? How are you? How old are you?
Practise the numbers to remind yourself how to say how old you are.
2. Now teach someone in your house too.