Good Morning Year 2
Today is Friday 1st May, 2020. It's nearly the weekend! If you have done the work I've set, you have worked really, really hard and are due a well earned weekend break! Remember, you don't have to do the challenges or all the activities.
I am going to sit down and have my breakfast now - homemade sourdough bread (my boyfriend keeps making it, so I have to keep eating it) and avocado on toast. Yum!
I have a question for you in my diary entry for today. I wonder if you will be able to find it out?????
Check the Mathletics page to see if you have earned a Bronze, Silver or Gold certificate.
We have more people than ever earning certificates.
If your name isn't up there, don't worry. Keep doing Mathletics daily and earning points.
Have a great weekend!
Joke of the Day!
How do you make an octopus laugh?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Spelling test and times tables test
1. Ask an adult to test you on your spellings for this week.
2. Complete the 3X table test.
Activity 2 - Maths
1. Complete the Mathletics activities using your knowledge of problem solving and complete the short test at the end.
2. Complete the Friday Maths Challenge.
Activity 3 - English
1. Complete the Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole comprehension activities. Remember: full sentences, capital letters, full stops and your NEATEST HANDWRITING!
There are two choices for each comprehension. Decide which one you would like to do:
2 Stars - mild (medium challenge)
3 stars - spicy (challenging)
2. Can you write the alphabet using cursive (joined up) letters?
Watch the video to remind yourself how to form the letters.
Remember to 1) lead in 2) lead out 3) start on the line.
Activity 4 - French
Before we left school we were learning about food. Yum, yum, yum!
1. Read the French Food powerpoint. Press the speaker button to hear the words in French.
2. Now do the match the word worksheet.
3. Now look around your house. Can you find some of the food you have learnt? Write the word out in french on a piece of paper and stick it on the food (ask an adult first!).
Challenge: Teach people in your house french food. Can they learn French food words too? Practise the words this week.
Remember to take pictures of you doing your work and I will put them up on our class page!