Google Classroom is a new programme that St Mary's have started to use because of the Covid-19 school closure. It is a secure and free learning network for pupils, teachers and school communities. Currently, it is used to supplement the work set on the class page during the school closure. This will allow children and teachers to reconnect and for some live lessons on key skills that will be necessary when returning to formal education.
Google Classroom is accessible via computer or through any Smart device that has an internet connection. There are free apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices.
- Google Classroom is to be used for school-related content only.
- Formal language is required at all times on the platform, as if your child was in school.
- Teachers may not respond instantly as they could be attending to other children in school/at home.
- Appropriate dress is required for children i.e no pyjamas.
- Parents can be 'present' to support their child but should not remain in view for the call. Children should be allowed to work as independently as possible.
Use the following link to access Google Classroom: classroom.google.com
If you have difficulties accessing Google Classroom, this could be because you may be logged into Google using a different account. Ensure you are always logged in on the right account by checking the initial in the top right hand of the browser (if on a computer).
Please remember that this is a new platform, using digital technology, and is subject to changes. We understand that it may take some time to use this new way of learning. We thank you for your ongoing support with your child's education at this time. Please do not hesitate to contact the school office should you require further assistance email@example.com
The following documents will explain Google Classroom usage for parents and offer some general support videos. These are not specific to our school but are to help where possible.