Good Morning Year 2
Challenge: Listen to the audio of me reading the morning message. Can you read along as I speak?
Today is Monday 11th May, 2020. I hope you had a wonderful long weekend and managed to enjoy some of the sun on Friday and Saturday. Sunday and today are very blustery days.
Below I have added a picture of a cloud that I saw. I thought it was a very interesting picture because he looked like an extremely bossy cloud; telling the other clouds off and pushing them out of his way! I wonder if you've seen any interesting sights this weekend.
I have some other very exciting news for you. In our garden there is a small nest that belongs to a robin and she has 5 tiny, white eggs that she sits on for a lot of the day. She's placed the nest right next to a window so we can see them! If I can take a picture without scaring her or disturbing her, I will but I must be very careful as I do not want to bother her.
Have a lovely day!
Joke of the Day!
How can you tell a vampire has a cold?
She starts coffin.
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Read through the Monday Morning Liturgy with your family.
Your tasks today:
Look on the 'Spellings and Times tables' page for your spellings to learn this week and revise the 5 and 10 X tables - BBC Super Movers songs are great help.
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 8 - To describe the position of an object
1. Answer the questions in the quiz, see your score then close the quiz.
2. Go to Next Activity and watch the video and answer the questions.
3. Go to Next Activity and complete the online Worksheet.
4. Complete the final quiz and finish lesson.
Activity 2 - English
1. Listen to the story Instruction by Neil Gaiman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4pZ3OTUKA&t=32s
- Which fairy tale characters and settings did you recognise in the story?
- Why is the story called Instructions? Did you hear any instructions being given in the story?
Now read the Question Booklet for Day 1.
2. Carefully read through The Features of Instructions.
- Now read the three instructions on Catching a Dragon.
- Write the next three instructions.
- Read How to Catch a Dragon and compare these instructions with your own.
- Whose might be more successful in helping you to catch a dragon?! Why do you think that?
3. Read the first Extract from Instructions.
- Find and highlight each instruction in it.
- How many did you find? Give yourself a point for each one you find. (There are 16 – see Answers).
Challenge: Decide which your favourite bit in Instructions was. Draw this part of the story and write about what happened in it.
Activity 3 - Art/ PSHE
Remember Odd Dog Out? He finally realised that being himself was the best way to be.
1) Do the activities on BBC Bitesize to learn about the importance of self belief - believing in yourself - and managing your emotions.
2) Have a go at drawing different feelings/ emotions using the examples below.
- Make feelings puppets by cutting the feelings shape out and sticking it on to a piece of card.
- Challenge: Can you make up a short play with the feelings puppets for your family?