Good morning everyone!
I trust you enjoyed VE Day and had a relaxing weekend.
Q: When you look for something, why is it always in the last place you look?
A: Because once you have found it, you stop looking!
Below are the activities for today and I hope you enjoy completing them.
Let us start our day with a prayer:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy name,
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Time for a workout
Activity 1 - Mathematics
Go to Lesson 1 - Adding and subtracting Tens
1. Watch and listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Go to 'Get the Activity' and complete the questions.
3. Go to 'Check your answers' and see how many you got right.
Activity 2 - English
1. Listen to the story Instruction by Neil Gaiman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra4pZ3OTUKA&t=32s
Now read the Question Booklet for Day 1.
2. Carefully read through The Features of Instructions.
3. Read the first Extract from Instructions.
Challenge: Decide which your favourite bit in Instructions was. Draw this part of the story and write about what happened in it.
Activity 3 - Art/ PSHE
Remember Odd Dog Out? He finally realised that being himself was the best way to be.
1) Do the activities on BBC Bitesize to learn about the importance of self belief - believing in yourself - and managing your emotions.
2) Have a go at drawing different feelings/ emotions using the examples below.