Happy Monday everyone!
Can you believe it is the last week of the first half of the Summer term ?
Q: Why didn't the orange win the race?
A: It ran out of juice!
I hope you enjoy the activities I have set for you today.
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
It's time to have some physical exercise
Task 1 - Spellings and Times Tables
Look on the 'Spellings and Times tables' page for your spellings to learn this week and revise the 11 X tables and adding and subtracting 9 and 11 from a number.
Task 2 - Mathematics
Go to Lesson 1 - Multiplications sentences using the x symbol
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Open the worksheet below and answer the questions.
3. Check your answers below. Did you get it right?
It's time to share the Monday morning Liturgy together as a family.
Please click on our Liturgy Page and share the Liturgy which is led by Miss Pluckrose.
Task 3 - English
1. Story time
Read and enjoy the story, Wild Pets.
2. Answering Questions
Look at the set of Wild Pet Questions.
3. Writing time
You are going to write a story about a pet and what it gets up to at night time. Today you will plan your story.
• Look at Night. How many other words spelt -ight can you collect?
• Write sentences containing your words. I got a really big fright.
• Can you get more than one of your words into the same sentence? I got a fright at night when I put on the light. What a sight! There was a bright green frog having a fight with a beetle all slender and slight.
Go to Ms Hume's Music Page and have fun joining in with her latest music session:
Task 4 - Art
Plants have been used by many artists as inspiration for their work. Why do you think that is? Today we will look at some famous works of art by Monet, Klimt and Van Gogh who have all been inspired by nature.
As you are doing art today, listen to some calming music to help you as you paint.
You will need: