Good Morning Year 2
Today is Monday 20th April, 2020. I hope you all had a lovely Easter Holiday. Today is the first day of the summer term and I am currently listening to the wood pigeons cooing outside my window! They are nested in a large oak tree next to me.
Every day I will post you an English and Maths lesson and one more activity. I would love to see your diaries some time soon and I will speak with you on Tuesday.
Joke of the Day!
What kind of tree fits in your hand?
A palm tree!
Your activities today
START YOUR DAY WITH JOE at 9am. I am doing it too.
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 1 - Find three quarters.
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get it right?
If you need more help on fractions - look at BBC Bitesize:
Activity 2 - English
1. Read Angry Cat - there is a link below.
2. Now look at the question sheet and read Cats Clauses and Conjunctions. Underline all the conjunctions and clauses.
3. Look at the question sheet and write your own sentences about cat and dog.
Need more help on what a conjunction is - look at BBC Bitesize:
Activity 3 - Art/PSHE
1. Think of the things that can get you a bit cross.
2. Do a drawing of you helping an angry friend or brother or sister to calm down. What did you do? Why were they cross?
Listen to this calming music as you are thinking and drawing