Happy Monday everyone! Today is Monday 27th April.
I hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the sunshine. I saw some horses, sheep and cows, when I went for my exercise on Saturday and I planted some bee-friendly seeds in a pot in the garden so I'm hoping that we get lots of bees to watch soon.
Q: What do elves do after school?
Start you day with a prayer:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy name,
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil,
Activity 1 - Mathematics
Go to Lesson 1 - Compare Lengths
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Open 'Get the Activity' and answer the questions.
3. Open 'Get the Answers'and check your answers.
Please share Monday's Liturgy together.
It is on the Liturgy page.
Activity 2 - English
1. Watch this video on different types of whales: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg1rv84_a8E
2. Read the page on Adjectives in the Day 1 booklet and then read the Whale Story. In your book, draw and describe one of the whales using adjectives e.g. dark, blue skin or large, grey fin.
3. Read the page on Comparisons in the booklet. Use similes to compare something. To compare you can use either as or like. For example:
Challenge: Write an acrostic poem about a whale. Remember we learnt about these on Remembrance Day for the Poppy poem. Look at the booklet for an example.
Activity 3 - Art
1. Draw your own humpback whale. Use the worksheet to help you plan your drawing. Listen to some calming sea music as you draw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVct34NUk3U
Keep practising your mathematics skills and spelling skills by regularly using Mathletics and Lexia.