Good Morning Year 2
Challenge: Listen to the audio of me reading the morning message. Can you read along as I speak? Please excuse all the UUUMMMMMMS!
Today is Monday 4th May, 2020. This weekend I have been looking a lot at nature. So many things are growing and changing. The trees are full of life and animals are being born.
You are really not going to believe what I'm about to tell you but it's true. On Saturday afternoon, I looked out of my kitchen window and looked into the garden and I saw a squirrel. He was so tiny. On the grass in front of him was a little juggling ball. The squirrel scampered up to the ball and started playing with it and pushing it and rolling around with it! My mouth fell open and I ran to get my camera. Unfortunately, I thought I recorded it but I missed it all. I will catch him doing it again. Nina has named the squirrel Chickpea.
Here are two pictures I did manage to take of the nature I saw.
This tree was CRAZY! I have never seen such a wild tree. On the right is a picture of a canal. It was FULL of tadpoles. Can you see them?
Joke of the Day!
What do you call a boomerang that won’t come back?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Read through the Monday Morning Liturgy with your family.
Your tasks today:
Look on the 'Spellings and Times tables' page for your spellings to learn this week and revise the 2 and 4 X tables.
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 1 - Fact families addition and subtraction bonds to 20
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get it right?
Activity 2 - English
1. Listen to the story The Paper Bag Princess.
Now read the questions from the Question Booklet for Day 1
If you need more help on noun phrases watch BBC Bitesize
3. What are the names of the three characters in The Paper Bag Princess?
- Pick one, draw them and write their name.
- Now, write a sentence describing what they look like.
- Now, describe their personality.
- Use exciting and interesting adjectives to describe your nouns. Can you use an adverb?
Challenge: Can you draw your own castle. Use noun phrases to describe it.
Activity 2 - Art/ PSHEE
1. Listen to this story called Odd Dog Out. What do you think the story is about?
2. What makes you special and unique? Draw a picture of you - include things you like to do and what you look like. These are all the things that are so special and wonderful about you.
Challenge: If you are feeling very creative, you could do some junk modelling. Find a box, old toilet rolls, old newspaper - can you make a 3D version of you?! What can you use for your hair? Your clothes?
Being who YOU are is the BEST WAY TO BE.