Happy Monday Everyone!
Today is Monday 8th June and it is the first day of a new school week.
Q: How does a science teacher freshen her breath?
A: With experi-mints!
I hope you enjoy the activities I have set for you today.
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Start your day in a healthy way
Activity 1 - Spellings and Times Tables
Look on the 'Spellings and Times tables' page for the spellings and times tables to learn this week.
It's time to share the Monday morning Liturgy together as a family.
The theme of today's Liturgy is the Holy Trinity and the Gospel reading is taken from the Gospel read at mass yesterday, Trinity Sunday.
Please click on our Liturgy Page and share the Liturgy which is led by Miss Pluckrose.
Activity 2 - Mathematics
Go to Lesson 1 - Unit Fractions
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Open the worksheet below and answer the questions.
3. Check your answers below. Did you get them right?
Activity 3 - English
Read the Question Booklet for Day 1 and Animal Recipes.
When we were at school, we did lots of instruction writing using bossy verbs. Today, you will be looking at a story called Animal Recipes. You will be revising bossy verbs and instructions. Remember when I told you to... SIT DOWN. STAND UP. WALK TO THE DOOR. Those all use bossy verbs!
Go to Ms Hume's Music Page and have fun joining in with her latest music session:
Activity 4 - Art
1. Please watch this video about the different planets in our solar system.
2. Pick your favourite planet and draw it. Look carefully at the colours and the shapes on the planets. If you are feeling really ambitious you could draw the entire solar system! Here are some pictures to help you.
1. If you have some string and a stick or a wooden rod, you can cut out your planets and assemble them to make a mobile that hangs from the ceiling.
2. If you would like to learn more about the planets in our solar system look at this website: https://nineplanets.org/kids/
You could write a little fact file about the solar system.
I hope you have enjoyed the activities that I have set for you today. Well done for trying your best!
Please remember to thank your adult helper for helping you.