St. Paul wrote to his friends in Thessalonica to encourage and reassure them. He told them that God’s love, mercy, forgiveness and compassion are all gifts for them. We thank God for the gifts he gives us just as we thank friends for the gifts they give us. God gives us all the gifts we need to help us to live good lives. Read God’s Story 3 page 148 based on 1 Thessalonians 5: 12-18.
What do you think?
- What were Maximilian gifts? How did he use them for God?
- Maximilian wanted to tell everyone about the good news of Jesus, how could you do that in your life?
- Maximilian was a brave and courageous person at a time when there was great danger. Where do you think he got his courage and strength from?
- Have you ever been in the position where you have been able to help someone by being brave? How did you feel and what helped you?
Find out more ...
- Find out how the Franciscans started and the story of St Francis of Assisi.
- Maximilian was a martyr. What is a martyr? How was he one?
- Why would the date of the day of Maximilian’s death have been special to him?
Please complete a fact file about Saint Maximillian or Saint Francis of Assisi