Good Morning Year 2
Today is Thursday 30th April, 2020.
How was the apostrophe hunt? Did you find any? Do I need an apostrophe in this sentence? Sophias dog is very cute. Beatrices crystals are very precious. I dont know! You will probably be able to help some of the adults in your house with their punctuation now!
Joke of the Day!
What did the big flower say to the little flower?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 4 - Problem Solving
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get it right?
Activity 2 - English
1. Listen to The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau by Dan Yaccarino https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYRFgyGqiA&t=26s
Compare the book to Manfish. How is it the same as Manfish? Can
you think of one way that it is different?
Now read the Question Booklet for Day 4.
2. Read the Book Review of The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau.
- Use the Checklist of Book Review Features. Does this review have all of the key features of a useful book review?
3. Now write a book review of Manfish by Jennifer Berne.
- Use the Checklist to confirm that you have included all the features needed for a successful book review.
- Finish by giving Manfish a ‘star rating’ out of 5.
Activity 3 - History
I would love to see some of your research on Florence Nightingale. Please send me photographs of what you have done. Today we are looking at Mary Seacole.
You will need to log-in to Discovery Education - Espresso.
1. Click on the picture below (it may ask you for log-in details again - use the ones above). Watch the video on Mary Seacole's life.
2. Watch this video on Mary Seacole and then start the game to arrange the pictures and words into chronological order.
3. In your books, can you write about Mary Seacole's life. Remember to write in chronological order and use the key dates if you can.
What is chronological order? Look at this video.
REMEMBER TO SEND PICTURES OF YOUR WORK!