Thursday 23rdrApril 2020 - Morning Everyone!
Morning children and parents!
Time to get active!
P.E with Joe Wicks - Monday to Friday 9am live on YouTube - The Body Coach
Morning Prayer - Our Father
What day is it?
What month is it?
What date is it?
What is the weather like?
What is the season?
Practise saying the sounds everyday with your child
a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x w z sh ng nk th ch
ay ee igh ow oo 00 ar or air ir ou oy
ire ear ure ea aw are ur ow oi ai oa
NEW SOUND to learn today:
ew – chew the stew
- practise writing words with ew in them - for example: chew, stew, blew, flew, grew, new….
- Sound out each word for example: ch-ew, s-t-ew,
- Use your fingers to show how many sounds there are in a word or example ch-ew will show 2 fingers
(please note there maybe less sounds than number of letters)
- Ask your child how many letters in the word – for example chew has 4 letters
- Ask your child how many sounds in the word – for example chew has 2 sounds
- Practise holding a pencil correctly
- Practise writing each letter correctly
- Practise writing words from 45 high frequency words for Reception
- Playing with playdough strengthens pencil grip
- Threading also helps for a better grip – threading laces through a shoe (if you don’t have any other threading resources)
- Away we
- Write one sentence for each word
This week we will be learning about 2D shapes.
Words to learn:
2D shape, flat, corner, sides, straight, curved
Triangle, Square, Rectangle, Circle, Pentagon and Hexagon.
- Play the ‘What is the same?’ game. Lay out your 2D shapes that you have made. Choose a feature to look out for e.g. straight/curved sides/4 sides/3 corners. Make a pile of shapes that have the same feature e.g. straight sides.
- Make another pile of shapes that do not have this feature e.g. curved sides. Can you name the shapes?
You are sorting your shapes!
- What is the shape called? How do you know? Can you count how many sides each shape has? Can you count how many corners each shape has? Are the sides flat or curved?
Understanding the world
Did you draw animals from Tuesday’s work?
Use your animals and think about where the animals live!
- Where does each animal live?
Here are a few animals to think about: worm, bird, fish, frog, monkey, polar bear, tiger, fox, penguin, camel, owl, shark, hedgehog, butterfly, spider
- Draw the habitat (a place where an animal lives) and put your animal on top – label
Can you think of some ways to help other people?