Good morning everyone!
Today is Thursday 30th April, 2020 and it's the last day of April.
I received more lovely work yesterday. Look out for it in the Great Work Gallery. Also, I had a guitar lesson with Mr Worth, on Zoom. It was very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to playing the guitar and singing songs with you all when we get back to school.
Q: What goes up and down but never moves?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Go to Lesson 4 - Problem Solving
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get them right?
Activity 2 - English
1. Listen to The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau by Dan Yaccarino
Compare the book to Manfish. How is it the same as Manfish? Can you think of one way that it is different?
Now read the Question Booklet for Day 4.
2. Read the Book Review of The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau.
- Use the Checklist of Book Review Features. Does this review have all of the key features of a useful book review?
3. Now write a book review of Manfish by Jennifer Berne.
- Use the Checklist to confirm that you have included all the features needed for a successful book review.
- Finish by giving Manfish a ‘star rating’ out of 5.
Activity 3 - History
I would love to see some of your research on Florence Nightingale. Please send me photographs of what you have done. Today we are looking at Mary Seacole.
You will need to log-in to Discovery Education - Espresso.
1. Click on the picture below (it may ask you for log-in details again - use the ones above). Watch the video on Mary Seacole's life.
2. Watch this video on Mary Seacole and then start the game to arrange the pictures and words into chronological order.
3. In your books, can you write about Mary Seacole's life. Remember to write in chronological order and use the key dates if you can.
What is chronological order? Look at this video.
REMEMBER TO SEND PICTURES OF YOUR WORK!
Keep practising your mathematics skills and spelling skills by regularly using Mathletics and Lexia and remember to revise the 3X tables and your spellings for tomorrow's tests.
Take care and stay safe!