Good Morning Year 2
Today is Tuesday 28th April, 2020. Yesterday was a very quiet day and I decided to do some yoga. If you would like to do yoga today go to cosmic yoga and find some otherwise stick with Joe.
These are the little ducklings I saw on Sunday. They were SO cute but you can't really see them here. It was such a hot day and today... At least my vegetables and Oscar's sunflowers are getting watered! Today is lovely weather for ducks.
That is an idiom. Can you find out what an idiom is?
Joke of the Day!
What gets wetter the more it dries?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE (or do some yoga like me)
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 2 - Order Lengths
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get it right?
Activity 2 - English
1. Listen to the story of Jacques Cousteau.
Now, look at the questions in the Question Booklet Day 2.
Is Manfish a story or a biography? Use the facts on the checklist to confirm.
2. Read the short Extract from Manfish and answer the questions.
3. Jacques loved swimming when he was a little boy. Draw a picture of you in the sea and then write sentences with correct punctuation.
Challenge: Write your own adventure story!
Activity 3 - RE
Read the story from John's Gospel and answer the following questions:
- Who did Jesus return to?
- What did He promise to do for His friends?
- What was the new friend called?
- Can you name some of the ways the Holy Spirit helped the friends of Jesus?
- How do you think Jesus’ friends felt when he gave them the news of the Holy Spirit?
Challenge: How do you think the Holy Spirit helps us?