Good Morning Year 2
Challenge: Listen to the audio of me reading the morning message. Can you read along as I speak?
Today, I wanted to recognise Sebastian and all the children who earned Mathletics certificates in April. Remember, if you do a little Mathletics each day you can earn a certificate too! I have also seen that you are doing some very creative projects at home and I would love to have more of your photographs to post on our class page so you can inspire each other.
Now here is the exciting thing. Guess who I saw yesterday?
Chickpea! And this time I have photographic evidence. He nearly ran up the tree with our juggling ball, and that would have been the end of that!
Joke of the Day!
How do you get a squirrel to like you?
Act like a nut!
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 2 - Compare number sentences.
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get it right?
Activity 2 - English
1. Watch The Princess Bag story again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0lNFZtpq7A
- What different settings are there in the story?
- How would you describe the land through which the Princess travels? How would you describe the Dragon’s cave?
Now look at the Question Booklet for Day 2
2. Look at the Noun Phrases 2 lesson and listen to the teaching. Now read the Adverbs sheet in the Question Booklet.
- Complete the exercise on Using Adverbs
- Remember to choose 'an' or 'a' as appropriate.
3. Look at the different categories on the Paper Bag Word Banks.
- Pick one word from each box to make a description e.g. A lot of really handsome dragons.
- Add more information to create a sentence.
Activity 3 - RE
Please read the Gospel story from Luke's Gospel and the page from Church Story 2 and answer the following questions:
- Can you remember what was promised to the disciples?
- How do you think the disciples felt when Jesus blessed them?
- How do you think they felt when Jesus was taken from them?
- Where was Jesus going?
- What do Christians do to remember the Ascension of Jesus into Heaven?
- The disciples then spent their time in prayer while waiting for the Holy Spirit. Compose a prayer they may have used.