Wednesday 14th May 2020 - Morning Everyone!
Morning children and parents!
Time to get active!
P.E with Joe Wicks - Monday to Friday 9am live on YouTube - The Body Coach
Morning Prayer – Hail Mary
Let the learning begin….
What day was yesterday?
What day is it?
What day will it be tomorrow?
What month is it?
What date is it?
What is the weather like?
What is the season?
Practise saying the sounds everyday with your child
a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x w z sh ng nk th ch
ay ee igh ow oo 00 ar or air ir ou oy
ire ear ure ea aw are ur ow oi ai oa ew er
SOUND to learn today: ou
ou – shout it out!
- Practise writing words with ay in them - for example: out, shout, loud, mouth, round, pound, found….
- Sound out each word for example: sh-ou-t
- Use your fingers to show how many sounds there are in a word or example sh-ou-t will show 3 fingers
- Ask your child how many letters in the word – for example shout has 5 letters
- Ask your child how many sounds in the word – for example sh-ou-t has 3 sounds
- Re-tell the story Goldilocks and the three Bears.
- Who is in the story? Where does Goldilocks go? What does she do?
- Can you write what Goldilocks says in the story? (This can be exactly from the story or you can use your imagination and write what you think she might say).
- Can you write what Mummy Bear says in the story? (This can be exactly from the story or you can use your imagination and write what you think she might say).
- Can you write what Daddy Bear says in the story? (This can be exactly from the story or you can use your imagination and write what you think he might say).
- Can you write what Baby bear says in the story? (This can be exactly from the story or you can use your imagination and write what you think he might say).
Remember to use your fingers to sound out the words, use finger space between each word, write on the line and use a full stop at the end of the sentence.
This week we will be learning about height.
- Key words you will need: measure, height, tall, short, taller, shorter, tallest, shortest, describe, compare
- Look at the pictures of the characters from the story ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’.
- Today we will be focusing on these ways to describe height: taller, shorter. Say the key words.
- Can you compare the height of the characters?
- Decide which character is taller and which character is shorter. How do you know?
- Can you measure them by making a tower of cubes e.g. Lego/Duplo/blocks?
Key questions: Can you compare the height of the characters? Who is taller and who is shorter? How do you know? How tall are the characters?
Topic: GOOD NEWS
Pentecost: The celebration of the Good News of Jesus.
Pentecost is often named as the ‘birthday of the Church’. The feast celebrates the coming
of the Holy Spirit to the disciples. The Holy Spirit is a new friend that Jesus had promised to send them. With a new friend the disciples felt full of joy and happiness. They were no longer frightened and were able to go out and share the Good News with others.
Read the story about Pentecost Day
Look at Church’s Story 1 pages 46-47 Good News for everyone.
Ask your child the following questions:
- What do you see in the picture?
- Why are the people celebrating?
- How are the people celebrating?
- How would you celebrate the Good News of Jesus?
Talk about people going to church to celebrate the Good News of the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.
The people in the picture are coming together to share their happiness and joy because they are celebrating the Good News of Jesus who kept his promise and sent the Holy Spirit to be our friend.
We can all share in this happiness.
Let’s celebrate by singing ‘If you are happy and you know it clap your hands.’
Perhaps you could change the words to:
Jesus sent a friend clap your hands…
It’s Pentecost you know, so your happiness can show,
Jesus sent a friend clap your hands…
- Can you think of a time that made you happy. Draw a picture of this time and write why and when you were happy.
- Can you think about a time when you were happy you made a new friend? Draw a picture of that friend and write why they make you happy.
- Make a banner or poster with the words: "Share the Good News of Jesus with everyone"