Wednesday 22nd April 2020 - Morning Everyone!
Morning children and parents! I hope you are well and looking after yourself. Enjoy this precious time you have with your family.
Time to get active!
P.E with Joe Wicks - Monday to Friday 9am live on YouTube - The Body Coach
Morning Prayer - Our Father
What day is it?
What month is it?
What date is it?
What is the weather like?
What is the season?
Practise saying the sounds everyday with your child
a b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x w z sh ng nk th ch
ay ee igh ow oo 00 ar or air ir ou oy
ire ear ure ea aw are ur ow oi ai
- Practise holding a pencil correctly
- Practise writing each letter correctly
- Practise writing words from 45 high frequency words for Reception
- Playing with playdough strengthens pencil grip
- Threading also helps for a better grip – threading laces through a shoe (if you don’t have any other threading resources)
Look he day
- Write one sentence for each word
NEW SOUND to learn today: oa – goat in a boat
- practise writing words with oa in them - for example: goat, boat, float, coat, coal, coach, toast, throat…
- Sound out each word for example: g-oa-t, b-oa-t, f-l-oa-t
- Use your fingers to show how many sounds there are in a word or example g-oa-t will show 3 fingers
(please note there maybe less sounds than number of letters)
- Ask your child how many letters in the word – for example goat has 4 letters
- Ask your child how many sounds in the word – for example goat has 3 sounds
- Count 0-20 - forwards and backwards
- Practising writing the numbers 0-20 correctly
- Practise putting numbers in order
- Focus on number 12 - write number 12
- Find and circle number 12 in a mixture of numbers
- Show 12 by drawing 12 objects - for example draw 12 girls, count the girls and write number 12 beside it, draw 12 flowers, count and write number 12 beside it, do this 5 times (your child can pick objects they what to draw - girls and flowers are just my examples).
This week we will be learning about 2D shapes.
Words to learn:
2D shape, flat, corner, sides, straight, curved
Triangle, Square, Rectangle, Circle, Pentagon and Hexagon.
- Make a 2D shape picture. Draw around/cut and stick shapes to make a picture. For example: you might make a picture of a castle using shapes…. Square for building, rectangle for door etc
- Can you label and name the shapes? Talk about their features e.g. it has 4 straight sides, they are the same length so it’s a square.
New topic: Good News
For Christians, the Gospel is the Good News of God’s love for everyone.
- What is good news?
- Who do you share good news with?
- How do you feel when you share good news?
- Where and when is news shared? (Mass, newspaper, letters, cards)
- Have family time and share any good news that you can think of.
- Draw a picture of your good news and write a simple sentence to explain it.
- Say a prayer and thank God for the good news you have and be thankful you have family around you to listen and celebrate your news!
My good news is….
Click the link below to see music lessons from Miss Hume!