Good Morning Year 2
Today is Wednesday 22nd April, 2020. I ate a lot of cake yesterday and I'm feeling a little bit full today. We had a lovely day here. I surprise breakfast, a quiet and small lunch and then a big surprise dinner with a HUGE cake that was decorated with with unicorns. That was not my idea!
It was lovely to talk to you all yesterday and see how well you are doing and all the projects you are working on. Remember to send in pictures of your projects, inventions, artwork etc. and I will post them on to our class page.
Joke of the Day!
What do you call a ghost’s true love?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Activity 1 - Maths
Lesson 3 - Measure length in cm
1. Watch the Measure length in cm video and answer the questions.
2. Open Get the Activity and answer the questions.
3. Get the Answers. Did you get it right?
Activity 2 - English
Listen to the story of Baba Yaga and the Black Geese (it's about 20 minutes long). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvbL4W52bJM&t=831s.
Now read the Day 3 question booklet.
1. Answer the comprehension questions.
2. Can you retell the story yourself. You could draw pictures to remind you of what happened.
3. Can you retell the story to someone in your family. Use a story telling voice. Remember DON'T READ LIKE A ROBOT.
If you need help on how to read and talk with expression watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjtPMiumixA
Activity 3 - RE
Read the story, based on Luke's Gospel, of Jesus rising from death. Then answer the following questions and choose one of the activities to complete.
Key Questions on Lesson One
Additional activities – You choose