Happy Wednesday everyone!
Today is 29th April. Yesterday was a very rainy day. I hope you were able to do some exercise and go for a walk between the showers.
I received some photographs of Dominic doing wonderful work. I have placed it in the Great Work Gallery. I love seeing your work. It really cheers me up!
I hope you enjoy the activities I have set for today.
Q: What goes up when the rain comes down?
A: An umbrella!
Let us start the day with a Prayer
Father in heaven You love me.
You are with me night and day.
I want to love You always,
In all I do and say.
I'll try to please You Father.
Bless me through the day.
Time for a workout
Click on the link below for the Joe Wicks workout.
Activity 1 - Science
1. Watch this video about the different parts of a plant.
2. In your books, draw your own plant and label the different parts.
3. Now write what each part of the plant does. For example:
The roots keep the plant in the ground and absorb water.
Activity 2 - Mathematics
Go to Lesson 3 - Four operations with length
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. How did you do?
Activity 3 - English
1. Watch the story of Manfish again -https://www.youtube.com/watchv=YGi2BkgPfDc&t=499s%2C
Now read and answer the questions in Question Booklet Day 3.
2. Do you remember the two types of apostrophes? Possession and contraction. If you forget - look at these BBC Bitesize videos.
Read The Cowboy and underline the apostrophes.
3. Read Beneath the Waves.
A. Find the adjectives. B. Write your own description of the sea.
Challenge: can you find apostrophes in your home? Have a look in newspapers, magazines, books, leaflets, food boxes. What type of apostrophe is it?
Keep practising your mathematics skills and spelling skills by regularly using Mathletics and Lexia.