Good Morning Year 2
Challenge: Listen to the audio of me reading the morning message. Can you read along as I speak?
Today is Wednesday 6th May, 2020. In Miss Pluckrose's letter she wrote that May is a special month. Do you remember why it is special?
May is a special month for Mary, our mother. On our Liturgy page, Mr Griffin has put a short lesson about why May is special. You can also watch this video: https://youtu.be/_i7vOUP0LU4. It will remind you how to say the Hail Mary. Maybe you could find your Rosary Beads and pray the Rosary prayers as a family.
On Monday, you were asked to think about what makes you special and unique. I received a lovely email from a boy in our class saying that he is special and unique because he really enjoys football and he loves animals. Hopefully he will like this video of cheeky Chickpea!
Have a good day everyone!
Joke of the Day!
What does a cloud wear?
Start the day at 9am with PE with JOE
Hail Mary Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art though amongst women. And Blessed is the fruit of they womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Your tasks today:
Activity 1 - Maths
Go to Lesson 3 - Related Facts
1. Listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Get the Activity. Complete the questions.
3. Check your answers. Did you get it right?
Activity 2 - English
1. Read the Question Booklet for Day 3
Read the monster poem, It's Behind You! by David Harmer.
- Would you have been able to stop yourself turning around?
- What would you have done to save the poor person in the poem?
2. Answer the questions on Looking at the Poem about the It's Behind You! poem. Then read the poem again with EXPRESSION!
3. What do you think the monster in the poem would actually have looked like?
- Draw your idea of the monster on Behind You! and describe him/her/it.
- Include two exclamation marks and two capitalised words for emphasis in your writing. A really ENORMOUS pair of fangs!
Challenge: Think about a time when something made you jump or you had a shock. Draw a picture of it.
Activity 3 - Science
1. Watch this video on the lifecycle of a plant. Tell someone in your house what happens.
2. Now read Lifecycle of a Flowering Plant below.
In your books, draw a diagram showing the lifecycle of a plant.
Remember to show arrows going to each stage and to label it.
3. Now describe, in sentences, the life cycle of a plant. Remember to use time sentence openers: First, then, after that.
Vocabulary to use: germination, stem, leaves, bulb, seed, flower, fruit, root and shoot.