Good morning everyone!
Today is Wednesday 6th May and I hope you have a lovely day!
Q: Why did the pupil eat his school work?
A: Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake!
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy name,
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done
on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Are you ready for a workout with Mr Wicks and Mrs Wicks?
Task 1 - Mathematics
Go to Lesson 3 - Related Facts
1. Watch and listen to the video and answer the questions.
2. Go to 'Get the Activity' and complete the questions.
3. Go to 'Check your answers' and see how many you got right.
Activity 2 - English
1. Read the Question Booklet for Day 3
Read the monster poem, It's Behind You! by David Harmer.
2. Answer the questions on Looking at the Poem about the It's Behind You! poem. Then read the poem again with EXPRESSION!
3. What do you think the monster in the poem would actually have looked like?
Think about a time when something made you jump or you had a shock. Draw a picture of it.
Activity 3 - Science
1. Watch this video on the life cycle of a plant. Tell someone in your house what happens.
2. Now read Lifecycle of a Flowering Plant below.
In your books, draw a diagram showing the lifecycle of a plant.
Remember to show arrows going to each stage and to label it.
3. Now describe, in sentences, the life cycle of a plant.
Remember to use time sentence openers: First, then, after that.
Vocabulary to use: germination, stem, leaves, bulb, seed, flower, fruit, root and shoot.
Please send me photos of your lovely work. I really enjoy seeing it and I love adding photos to our Great Work Gallery.