Your child will learn through adult led activities and child led play activities.
The areas of learning throughout the week are:
Through the EYFS, children learn by playing and exploring, being active, and through creative and critical thinking, which takes place both indoors and outside.
Children will have a range of lessons and activities throughout the week. They will also be learning about routine and developing early literacy and maths skills, learning about the world around them and learning social skills.
Children will have a range of activities throughout the week.
Please see below, some of the topics covered throughout the week:
02/11/20 - Phonics - u b f e
- Elmer and sequencing the story
- 2D shapes
- The celebration ‘Bonfire Night’ 5th November
Phonics - l h sh r
- Owl Babies and story map
- Remembrance Day
Phonics - j v
- beginning sounds of words
- 3D shapes
- Other faiths
Phonics - Cvc blending - sounding out words eg cat hat mat sat pin hen ten bat dog it in of and jug web run rat bat sun hop
- The magic porridge pot story - remembering the start, middle and end of a story
- one more than a given number - one more than 9 is 10, one more than 5 is 6
- Healthy eating
- baptism - Being welcomed into God’s family, who attends a baptism, what happens at a baptism
Phonics - Cvc blending - sounding out words eg at mat did it man tin bin pan tip pad pin dig top got not on
- The magic porridge pot story - sounding out a sentence from the story - stop little pot stop and cook little pot cook. Sounding out words. spelling words phonetically
- one less than a given number - one less than 10 is 9, one less than 5 is 4
- Seasons - Talking about Autumn
- New RE Topic: Birthday - Theme Advent and Christmas
Phonics - y w z x
- Christmas theme writing and initial sounds and arts and craft
- adding by counting two groups altogether
- The Nativity story