Dear parents and carers,
I am so very proud of your children for all their hard work this term, and you. It has been a very different way of learning, challenging at times and honestly you have all excelled yourselves.
The message below has been posted on Google Classroom for the children.
"This weekend you should:
- REST, next week will be tiring
- enjoy your time with your people at home, you might miss them next week
- check your uniform (winter uniform still please) and make sure it is ready on Sunday night for ease of putting on Monday morning
- bring Black Beauty back to school
- get to bed (to read or rest!) by 8pm Sunday night, you will be very tired by Monday 2pm so you'll be grateful of an early night come Monday
We are so excited to see you all on Monday. A school is not the same without its dear children."
All of my work over the past few weeks would not have been possible without your unwavering support. Thank you so much for all your guidance, support and care with your children and the online learning. I truly hope this is the last hurdle for us and we are back in school with as little disruption as possible.
Enjoy your weekend with your loved ones.
Dear children and parents,
I hope you have had a relaxing break over Christmas and the New Year.
As you already know, we will not return to school on Tuesday but instead we will have live lessons via Google Classroom.
A timetable will be posted on the class page on Monday by 4pm, which outlines the live lesson plan for the week. Resources will be posted onto Google Classroom and this will be the main place of contact for the duration of home learning.
You may wish to consider the following to help prepare your child for home learning:
I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday morning.
Welcome to Year Six!
I am Ms Lankester, your class teacher. Our teaching assistant this year will be Mrs Billios. We are both very excited to see you back at school and start a fantastic new year.
- We start school at 8.30am and finish at 3.00pm
- Children should wear their P.E kits on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to school
- A small pencil case is allowed, but should be left in school
- Avoid bringing unnecessary items to school where possible i.e a coat on a twenty degree day
For any homework, please check the class page and Google Classroom. The log in is the same as last year and your child will need to accept the invitation to the class '6SL 2020-2021'.
The class web page remains the main form of communication between the school and your child. Should you have a general query, please ask your child to relay the message to me in class or see me at pick up time at the end of the day (I would be most grateful if you could remain on the gate side of the yellow line). Otherwise, I will aim to respond to any written communication within 72 hours.
Many thanks for your understanding and continued support. It is much appreciated, especially in these difficult times.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
STAY ALERT CONTROL THE VIRUS SAVE LIVES
a high temperature
– this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough
– this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
– this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
For more information form the government, please use the link below